Total Pageviews

Monday 7 September 2020

Ivie Anderson

Here's A Great Singer from the 30's the Era of The Swing bands !!

Ivie Anderson (sometimes Ivy) (July 10, 1904 – December 28, 1949) was an American jazz singer. Anderson was a member of the Duke Ellington Orchestra.Her career for over a decade consisted of touring with Ellington. Her first appearance on record, "It Don't Mean a Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)", recorded in 1932, was a hit. She participated in Ellington's first European tour in 1933. In 1940, she recorded "Solitude", "Mood Indigo", and "Stormy Weather".

1. I'm Checking Out Goo'm Bye
2. I've Got To be A Rug Cutter
3. Shoeshine Boy
4. Chocolate Snake
5. It Don't Mean a Thing
6. Troubled Waters
7. I Got it bad And That Ain't Good
8. My Old Flame
9. Let's have A Jubilee
10. Rocks In My Bed
11. Me And You
12. I've Got The World On a String
13. Isn't love The Strangest Thing
14. All God's Chillen Got Rhythm
15. Killin' Myself
16. Cotton
17. There's a Lull In my life
18. Oh Baby Maybe Someday
19. Heyfoot Strawfoot
20. Truckin'
21. Alabamy Bound
                                 Ivie Anderson & Duke Ellington


    5. It Don't Mean A Thing

1 comment: