Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 June 2022

Vic Damone


 A swingin' Vic Damone away from his MGM musical roles !

On the Swingin' Side is an unadulterated up-tempo delight that deserves to be rediscovered. The charts are bright, Vic Damone is relaxed but never dull, and the mood finds a nice balance between romance and spirited humor....... ( Review By Nick Dedina Of AllMusic)


1. Falling In Love With Love
2. Its Alright With Me
3. When My Sugar Walks Down The Street
4. Cry Me A River
5. Home
6. Swingin' Down The Lane

1. I Cried For You
2. Speak Low
3. It's A Wonderful World
4. Girl Of My Dreams
5. Deep Purple
6. Toot Toot Tootsie


Vic Damone (born Vito Rocco Farinola; June 12, 1928 – February 11, 2018) was an American traditional pop and big band singer, actor, radio and television presenter, and entertainer. He was best known for his performances of songs such as the number one hit "You're Breaking My Heart", and other hits like "On the Street Where You Live" (from My Fair Lady) and "I Have But One Heart".
In 1951, Damone appeared in two movies, The Strip, where he played himself, and Rich, Young and Pretty.In 1954 and made two movies, Deep in My Heart and Athena. In 1955 he played the Caliph in Kismet. In 1960, he played an effective dramatic role in the war film Hell to Eternity.

          3. When My Sugar Walks Down The Street

1 comment: