Total Pageviews

Saturday 30 July 2022

Les Brown & His Band

Lester Raymond Brown (March 14, 1912 – January 4, 2001) was an American jazz musician who led the big band Les Brown and His Band of Renown for nearly seven decades from 1938 to 2000.
In 1942, Brown and his band concluded work on an RKO picture, Sweet and Hot; played at the Palladium Ballroom, Hollywood. A few years later, in 1945, this band brought Doris Day into prominence with their recording of "Sentimental Journey". The song's release coincided with the end of World War II in Europe and became an unofficial homecoming theme for many veterans. The band had nine other number-one hit songs, including "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm".

1. I've Got My Love To Keep me Warm
2. New Mexican Hat Dance
3. I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
4. Bernies Tune
5. Highlights Of Gershwin's American In Paris

1. Its Alright With Me
2. Somethings Gotta Give
3. The Gal From Joe's
4. Lullaby In Rhythm
5. Nutcracker Suite Op 71.


                                         Les Brown & Doris Day

           5. Nutcracker Suite

1 comment: